Friday, April 30, 2010

Here's to mentor teachers

As I was finishing up some school work for the week, I got to thinking about the incredible role that mentor teachers play in our development. In my case, Michele Macke at Pioneer High has been unbelievable. She's trusted me in the classroom, she's encouraged me to try different things, she's been understanding about our myriad MAC assignments and she has supported me throughout the year. Most of all, though, she's been an incredible model for me when it comes to great teaching. Michele, I thank you, and thank all the other mentor teachers who have helped our program this year. A few years down the road, I hope I can give back to the teaching community in a similar way.

1 comment:

  1. Nicely said, John....the mentors are definitely the unsung heroes of MAC. i like the idea of you being a mentor to an aspiring math teacher one day!

    ReplyDelete

As a teacher in training, I appreciate your comment on my blog.