I've had a mental picture appear to me a number of times this week. I'm standing outside, and a large, yellow backhoe is dropping its contents over my head. The symbolism is pretty obvious.
Four weeks into the program, I'm feeling a bit buried, surrounded by taxonomy tables and research studies and wikis and response logs and the like. What I'm trying to do, as I wade through all this unfamiliar information, is to remember to grab a few things on my way out.
I know I won't be able to quickly absorb, or appreciate, everything we are learning this summer. But I want to latch on to as much as I can, and I feel I'm doing that to a degree. I know my fellow MAC'ers are, too. The V & V research study isn't so impenetrable. I can do some rough video editing. Even the taxonomy table is beginning to make a little sense – I think.
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
If you even think you understand that taxonomy table I am SO working with you on that taxonomy questions that were assigned the other day! :)
ReplyDeleteI feel the exact same way. I feel that a lot of this info will not truly come to fruition until we get in to the class setting. However, for now, it is extremely important to identify the heavy hitters that allows to build a broad range of knowledge.
ReplyDeleteI agree on feeling overwhelmed with information, and unsure how exactly to use it.
ReplyDeleteI wrote my most recent blogpost on a similar topic,as you say "grabbing a few things on the way out".